Below is a list of commonly asked questions we receive. Should you need additional information please call or come in between 8am and 4pm Monday thru Friday.



What are the normal business hours of the police department?

The office of the police department is open between 8:00am-4:30pm Monday thru Friday. At that time a secretary is there to answer any questions you may have. Should you need to reach an officer outside of the office hours please dial 911.


What are the rules for residential parking?

Any resident within the borough of Marcus Hook may call the residential parking number to report any vehicle they are having as a guest. Visitors are permitted to call in a vehicle for no more than 5 days in a row unless given expressed permission from the Chief of Police. The caller needs to leave the location that the vehicle is being parked, as well as the Make/Model, and License Plate Number of the vehicle, and the duration of the stay. Failure to provide all the information needed can result in the issuance of a parking ticket. The number for Residential Parking is (610) 497-3264.


What are the rules for parking in the Mary M. Campbell Parking Lot?

Parking of vehicles in the Mary M. Campbell parking lot, located next to the Marcus Hook Municipal Building, is restricted to library staff and patrons, municipal and staff vehicles, and persons with business at the Municipal Building. Borough resident vehicles displaying a residential parking permit may park in this parking lot during the hours when the library is closed to the public. Failure to abide by this rule can result in the issuance of a parking ticket.


How can I retrieve my vehicle if it has been towed by the police?

In order to retrieve the vehicle that has been towed, you must first obtain a "vehicle release form" from the Marcus Hook Police Station. After obtaining the form, you can then go to the company that towed your vehicle, and provide them with the vehicle release form, and proof of a valid driver's license and your vehicle will be released. The vehicle must have valid registration and insurance to be driven off of the tow company's lot. If the vehicle was towed for suspended/expired registration, or lack of valid insurance, those issues need to be corrected prior to picking your vehicle up or the vehicle cannot be driven off of the lot.


What is the curfew in the Borough of Marcus Hook?

For the protection of the health, morals and welfare of the children of the Borough of Marcus Hook, it shall be unlawful for any child or children under the age of 18 years to be on the streets of the Borough alone or in groups later than 8:00pm of any day and before 5:00am of the following day. Failure to abide by this rule can lead to the issuance of a citation.


How do I report a lost or found dog? 

1. Anyone who finds a lost dog with a license can locate the owner by visiting the Delaware County government website at and click on Return a Lost Dog, enter the license type and number, and you will get the owner's phone number. Or call the Delaware County Treasurer's Office at 610-891-4276 during regular business hours to get the owner's information.

2. If you find a lost dog and cannot locate the owner, call 911 or contact the police department.

3. There are some internet sites where people can post photos and information on lost dogs. Visit or another resource is


When I call the Drug Reporting Hotline, is the information I leave confidential?

The Drug Reporting Hotline was developed for residents to anonymously report any drug activity in their neighborhood. All information will be held in strict confidence, and callers are not required to give their names. Calls will not be traced, nor is the phone line a caller ID line.